On this episode I get to chat with Lisa and Sam from the very fun and funny podcast, I Shake My Head with Lisa and Sam. Their show follows their friendship as two funny women in their mid 40’s who find themselves having some of their best conversations in the car! They have opinions and they love to laugh about everything that life throws at them! They throw a lot of great stuff at us in this episode!
Podcasting Smarter Tips from Lisa & Sam:
- You don't need a fancy studio to produce a podcast. Lisa & Sam record from a car named Betty using the Podbean App and a Zoom H1 for back up.
- Podcasting was a natural extension of their rich conversations they were having anyway.
- The key to their podcast success is their authentic friendship
- Do your homework and try to be something unique.
- Be true to your vision, but not so true that you aren't open to constructive feedback. In the beginning they got some hard-to-hear criticism that they couldn't ignore.
- Be part of the podcasting community. Join Facebook groups, and connect with other podcasters on social media.
- Listen to your episodes and learn from them.
- Lisa and Sam are very active on social media--Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Their most successful platform is Twitter, but they are on their a lot.
- They are using Podbean's Patron Program as a means to monetize their show.
You can listen to I Shake My Head on Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, and iHeart Radio. You can also join the fun on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Look forward to an episode every Friday!