On this episode of Podcasting Smarter, Jen and Vernon meet with Justin Emery, owner of New Media Studios, at Podcast Movement and learn how he transitioned from a job in radio, to owning a full-service podcast studio in Philadelphia while also producing his own podcast, Deja Brew.
Justin's Podcasting Smarter Tips:
- You don't need a laptop or computer to record a podcast
- Don't drink too much beer while podcasting
- For mobile recording he recommends the H6 Zoom Portable Recorder which gives you up to 4 inputs.
- Good sound quality should be a priority
- Be an engaging host --don't be bland. Entertain your listeners and care about your show.
- Just start. Nobody is great in the beginning. You get better by doing not by stalling.
Justin's hypothetical podcast about his life: "What The F Is Going On Here?"
Justin's Fantasy Podcaster: Benjamin Franklin