Sep 18th, 2016
This week, I am thrilled to be joined by Zephan Moses Blaxberg. Zephan is the host of The Year Of Purpose Podcast,and the author of the best selling book, Life Re-Scripted. He shares a lot of wisdom about podcasting with a purpose and standing out in a crowd.
Zephan's Podcasting Smarter Tips:
- When he first started, he wanted to interview remarkable people and used a booking service to get his initial guests. Once his show was more established, he started looking for lower profile guests with interesting stories that jelled with the premise of his show.
- Podcasting helped him get comfortable in his own skin by getting accustomed to his voice, and growing a an audience.
- People spend too much time and energy trying to strategize ways to get on iTunes New & Noteworthy. Zephan used the book, Outrageous Advertising That Is Outrageously Successful as marketing inspiration for his podcast instead.
- At his first podcasting conference, with thousand of people in attendance, Zephan knew he wanted to meet a lot of people, and for those people to remember him and his podcast after the conference. So, he purchased hundreds of ear bud wire wraps with his show info printed on them. and handed them out at the conference. His guerilla marketing tactics were a huge success.
- Use the technique of "Pattern Interrupt" to keep your show from being monotonous, and keep your listeners' attention.
- When starting out, look at what everyone else is doing and approach things differently in order to stand out.
Zephan's Fantasy Podcaster: Alan Watts
Zephan's Hypothetical Podcast About His Life: From The Toilet To Entrepreneur
If you get a chance, please give Podcasting Smarter a review on iTunes!