Aug 3rd, 2016 by thejellyvisionshow
If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, you must be the one to write it. –Toni Morrison
If there is a podcast you want to hear, and it hasn't been recorded yet, you must be the one to produce it! This week I am joined by Halle from the Well-Read Podcast. Halle and her co-host Ann, are librarians at the Beaufort County Library in South Carolina, and the podcast is an extension of the library's public outreach programs. These lovable librarians have reached over 150,000 downloads with just 35 episodes. Like a good book, you are going to want to check their show out!
Podcasting Smarter Tips from Halle
- Co-host chemistry builds over time
- Divide up the show production duties for an equal division of work.
- In addition to social media, and newsletters, she promotes the podcast grass roots style when attending community groups, or doing presentations through the library.
- When they started, they weren't many shows doing reading recommendations so that helped them stand out.
- To engage their audience, they tweet our what they will be discussing, share book-related news, and connect with authors. All things they think their audience wants to hear.
- Podcasts are a great vehicle for community outreach for businesses and organizations.
- Coordinating schedules is a challenge for them, so part of their work flow is batching episodes while still allowing time for research.
- Like a good book, you need some sort of structure and narrative to your podcast.
Must Listen To Episodes:
Episode 24: Current Events
Episode 28: All-Time Favorites
Listen to the Well-Read Podcast on Podbean,and iTunes
Follow them on Facebook and Twitter!
Check out the Beaufort County Library!