Jul 12th, 2016
This week on Podcasting Smarter, we are recording from Podcast Movement 2016 with Shawn and Richard, the co-hosts and producers of The Language of Bromance Podcast. This episode was recorded using Podbean's mobile app recording feature and the Go Mic by Samson. I picked it up at the Samson booth the day we recorded! It's only $40!
We purposefully left an interruption in the recording since it was part of the experience of recording during the Podcast Movement conference.
Richard and Shawn initially started podcasting as a means to stay connected after moving apart. Now, two years later, they are part of the PodBros Network, and have a growing community of rabid fans who enjoy the hilarious worlds they create around obscure, historical events.
"Always remember why you are doing your podcast. Praise is humbling, but that doesn't make me talk into the mic, it encourages me to talk into the mic." --Richard
Must Listen To Episode: 84 Planet Of The Emus (seriously, I laughed so hard, I cried.)
The podcast has been an impressive creative outlet for Shawn and Richard. Their unique storytelling has led them to film making, and creating comics. Adult coloring books may even be in their future.
Podcasting Smarter Tips from Shawn and Richard:
- Don't be afraid to experiment with your show. Not everything will work, and that is ok. Keep creating!
- Promote your show on Reddit. The community holds you accountable. You have to give to get in Reddit communities.
- Don't waste your audiences time. They have lots of choices.
- Don't be afraid to edit things out.
- Create a community around your show. They have the L.O.B. Army.
- Podcasting leads to many unexpected opportunities.