Jul 27th, 2016 by thejellyvisionshow
"You've gotta think big to be big." --Austin Petersen
Austin Petersen is the founder and owner of The Libertarian Republic, and the host of The Freedom Report podcast. Austin grew The Freedom Report podcast into a popular, political news source which now earns over a million downloads a month. Austin credits the influence of his podcast for his former candidacy for the Libertarian Party's 2016 nomination for President of the United States. He came in second to Gary Johnson.
- It can be dangerous to share how you truly feel on your podcast. You risk alienating people. You may lose career opportunities.
- On the future of podcasting: Podcasts will be important in advancing individualism, and will take power away from mainstream media, and corporations.
- Find a niche that is not being served well and hopefully aligns with your passion and/or your business. Don't do what everyone else is doing unless you can offer a unique value proposition.
- With regard to social media: Think of your followers and fans as customers. Give the people what they want. Always serve your audience. Think about what they want to know, and what interests them.
- Social media engagement has a dollar value of about $1.50 per thousand, so build your audience and engagement to attract advertisers.
- Your audience will connect with you based on your attitude. What you put out there, you will get back.
- You can attract people to you through your podcast that can help you advance your cause, promote your idea, or even marketing your business.
Must Listen To Epsiode: Can We Kill ISIS Without Sacrificing Liberty